Seasonal Full-Time Outdoor Education Instructors needed for our spring (April-May) and/or fall (August-November) outdoor education seasons. Instructors deliver residential, 3-5 day outdoor science education programs, primarily serving 5th and 6th grade students. All of our classes are experiential with a focus on critical thinking, science, and environmental stewardship. Instructors are responsible for leading and educating groups of 12 – 15 students throughout the week, facilitating large group activities, and running night programs.
Instructors will be directly responsible for ensuring that attending schools’ and campers’ educational outcomes are met.
Join a team that is committed to providing excellent experiential education in the Rocky Mountains.
- Participate in staff training covering program planning, curriculum, and teaching
- Facilitate high-quality, standards-based outdoor education classes in geology, water ecology, animal biology, forest ecology, survival, orienteering and nature hikes
- Facilitate challenge course activities including zip line, high ropes, and team building for students and adults
- Ensure safety in all activities and classes for the students and adults under your charge
- Facilitate night activities, special events, and speakers as needed
- Work with teachers to provide the best possible experience for students
- Participate in weekly staff meetings
- Perform other duties as required
- Minimum 21 years of age
- A passion for working with students and making a difference through education!
- Able to work irregular hours and days/nights in order to meet group needs
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and have a positive attitude
- Capability to live and work positively with other staff members
- Comfortable being 40 feet in the air on challenge course
- Able to lift up to 30 pounds and hike up to 7 miles
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Experience in teaching and leading outdoor environmental education programs and/or classroom instruction (preferred)
- Current CPR and First Aid certifications (preferred)
Compensation and Benefits:
- Live, work, explore, and recreate in beautiful Estes Park, Colorado
- Dynamic work environment
- Innovative company focused on improving outdoor education programming
- Professional development in outdoor education leadership and classroom teaching
- Competitive salary
- Room and Board (all meals provided)